Thursday, February 25, 2010

L I V E...

After finishing graduate school, I went out to lunch with some friends and professors. I was exuberant, of course, and I thrilled to the idea of no longer being a student of the institution where I had received my bachelor's and my master's degrees in succession. One professor turned to me, asking why I said that like it was a good thing. I turned to him and said, "It is a good thing. It's the start of something new."

Having now started this next stage of my life - as a young professional, I guess - I am realizing that I have some decisions to make about how I want to live the rest of my life. And during my many years as a student, I learned that I work through things best by writing about them. - Hence, my decision to join the blogosphere. To be honest, I write this to write - not necessarily for others to read. That said, I do welcome others to read and, should they feel so compelled, to join in this conversation I will be having with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment